“When I was most helpless, Katie was the source of strength and counsel to work on my mom’s behalf. Katie provided so much assurance with her excellent communication throughout our ordeal. She stayed with us until my mom was resettled in a facility close to my home. Katie made an unbearable situation for me bearable, and I am forever grateful.” -Julie R.
For aging adults, it can be hard to acknowledge needing extra care, especially when they have been independent for so many years. For children of the senior, oftentimes there are warning signs that might indicate that their parent could use some extra help:
- Spoiled food that doesn’t get thrown away
- Missing important appointments
- Unexplained bruising
- Trouble getting up from a seated position
- Difficulty with walking, balance and mobility
- Uncertainty and confusion when performing once-familiar tasks
- Unpleasant body odor
- Infrequent showering and bathing
- Strong smell of urine in the house
- Noticeable decline in grooming habits and personal care
- Dirty house, extreme clutter and dirty laundry piling up
- Stacks of unopened mail or an overflowing mailbox
- Late payment notices, bounced checks and calls from bill collectors
- Poor diet or weight loss
- Loss of interest in hobbies and activities
- Changes in mood or extreme mood swings
- Forgetting to take medications – or taking more than the prescribed dosage
- Diagnosis of dementia or early onset Alzheimer’s
- Unexplained dents and scratches on a car
By Your Side Care Management will work with your loved one to help overcome barriers to receiving care. Our client centered team approach aims to keep seniors safe while preserving their wishes as much as possible. By Your Side Care Management will work with you to identify the type of help your parent needs, while considering important factors in the process. The factors include individual preferences, financial resources, physical and cognitive abilities, funding sources, ethical/legal and safety implications. By Your Side Care Management also has a strong working knowledge of the types of care available, and the requirements for each level of care. By Your Side Care Management works with you and your loved one to create a detailed plan of care with specific recommendations to help you achieve the most appropriate care of the highest quality for your loved one.
Once the ideal solution is identified, By Your Side Care Management will work with you to ease the transition process, while advocating for your loved one every step of the way. We will continue to remain as involved as you desire, ensuring success of the care plan and making adjustments as needed.